Blogging 201 – Day 1 – Task: Set 3 Goals
Why do I blog? That is a very good question.
It wasn’t until I found Blogging 201 in WordPress somewhere that I even began to formulate my thoughts on the answer – never mind the question! Well here goes –
In my retirement I needed something to do. I didn’t just want to sit on the beautiful Philippines beaches all day and every day and vegetate! Or drink too much cold beer!
I have lead a varied, and dare I say, interesting life. You must have experienced people saying to you, ” write it down, it’ll make a good book”. Well I did hear it and I heard it many times.
So the first step in retirement was to start blogging here on my own blog. I enjoy writing so it wasn’t a chore and I hope that never changes.
However I have found that I am also able to supplement my retirement income from my freelance writing activities. Yes, I actually get paid for some of my work! That brings its own problems in that I am now trying to do all of the following –
- blog regularly to increase traffic to my site
- complete more chapters of my first book
- gather research material for my second book
- write on average about 7k words per week in my paid writing job
- contribute chapters to a third book co-written with the guy who pays me for the 7k words per week
I guess therefore you can understand where I am coming from with my goals which are –
- manage my time better
- increase traffic to my blog by about 25% by the end of 2015
- concentrate on my ‘branding’ as a writer
Life is very much a work/play balance. As much as I enjoy writing I hope I never lose sight of the right balance.
Oh! I nearly forgot – I found time today to plant some lettuce seeds to grow my own! Chilies next!
Follow Me On Social Media
Be First to Comment